Post new topic   Reply to topic    Keepers of the Circle Forum Index -> Welcome & General Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic   Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Wxcougar
Warden of Earth

re: So What Games Are You Involved In?

This is a place to just talk about what types of games you are in, both MMO and Tabletop related. Share fun stories, learn about new systems, and whatever else you would like!

For myself, I am currently involved in several Pathfinder games. I am GMing Rise of the Runelords and also post AP Carrion Crown. I am playing in Curse of the Crimson Throne and in a homebrew using Pathfinder rules (both DM'ed by Huran). These are two different groups that are rotating between two games.

In addition, I am also playing in a Star Wars Saga Edition Campaign that meets about once or twice a month. When we don't play that, we are playing Descent, or any number of board games.

Last edited by Wxcougar on Wed May 14, 2014 12:33 pm; edited 1 time in total
Erian El'ranelen
Inactive Member

Playing in a monthly Pathfinder game of Skull and Shackles right now with my wife, son, and some friends. Good times to have my boy in on his first full-fledged campaign. I also run sessions of Hero Kids for my girls (they're both 4ish), so family gaming all around.

Outside of tabletop, we play Pirate101 (and occasionally Wizard101) as a family. All of us also play Minecraft except for my wife. I run a Attack of the B Team Server that my son and I are active on, and we're both also starting up on the Age of Adventure servers. 

Vayne Redcap
GrendelTodd
Inactive Member

Currently running two table-top games (and considering a third for Summer):

I run a weekly PF game at a local gaming store. Funny enough it's the Thornkeep dungeon, though I'm planning on expanding it to include Emerald Spire once it's out. I have 7-9 players who have managed to take over the local haunted house as their own, and are already plotting to take over the settlement.

I also run a sporadic Lamentations of the Flame Princess game, using the old 2e D&D Birthright setting, with about 20 players running rival kingdoms. Very "Game of Thrones"  in nature.

I've been talking to a few friends about starting another weekly game using Werewolf: the Forsaken, inspired by an odd mix of Bates Motel, Fight Club, Gantz and the 15th century Chinese novel "Journey into the West."

For MMOs I have been enjoying ESO & SW.

Hark
Harkmagic
Keeper of Crystal

Currently playing a weekly game of Scion. Basically mythology set in the modern era. The players are all children of various gods from Norse Mythology, and I'm telling the story of Ragnarok.

Wxcougar
Warden of Earth

Erian, how is Skull and Shackled? We planned to do that AP after Huran is done GMing his homebrew.

GrendelTodd, how is ESO? We had considered it but decided to stick with only one MMO.

Hark, that sounds like a lot of fun. I like working with various mythologies though my knowledge of Norse is limited. I really need to remedy that.

Erian El'ranelen
Inactive Member

Loving Skull and Shackles right now. We are a largely Good party, so the GM has to be on his toes for motivational factors and such since we don't go for the "pillage, plunder, kill" vibe that some of the AP promotes but that's a fun challenge for us.

Hüran_Ahman
Guardian of Steel

In addition to the list WxCougar mentioned, I am also enjoying Dark Souls (one and two).  I am currently playing through the first one before getting into the second one too deeply.

In the board game area, we also enjoy arkham horror, eldritch horror and the doom that came to Atlantic City.

Leonidas Wahrheit
Inactive Member

I'm insanely obsessed with Dark Souls and Dark Souls 2. I've logged about 200 hours into DS2 so far and I'm pretty sure I haven't even begun to tire of it.

I also run a bi-weekly Mass Effect tabletop game that uses a modified version of the Deathwatch setting. I should have about 8 or 9 players once the campaign gets rolling and people's schedules get normalized.

Huran, mad props. You'll love Dark Souls 2 (even though there are some very glaring changes).

GrendleTodd, I was also curious about ESO. I've heard good things and bad things, but I'd love to hear it from someone who's in our group.

Hark, how does Scion play? I've never heard of it.

Et lingua eius loquetur iudicium

Beatus vir qui suffert tentationem

Quoniam cum probatus fuerit accipiet coronam vitae

Kyrie, fons bonitatis

Kyrie, Ignis Divine, Eleison

O quam sancta, quam serena, quam benigna

Quam amoena esse virgo creditur

O quam sancta, quam serena, quam benigna

Quam amoena O castitatis lilium
Wxcougar
Warden of Earth

Both Huran and I put in a decent amount of work in Dark Souls I before our PS3 died. We lost everything, which for Dark Souls, wasn't that bad. I cry for the lost work on Dragon's Dogma though. I was lucky to have finished Assassin's Creed 2 and didn't have to restart the next one. I'm now currently working through Assassin's Creed: Black Flag before I attack Dark Souls again.

Drake Brimstone
Keeper

I play Pathfinder Society (and GM sometimes) on Thursdays, and am playing in Eyes of the Ten on Sundays, we are on part 3 atm. Not a lot of time for other things at the moment as I'm moving at the end of the month.

froggalpha
Inactive Member

I've been running a Mage the Awakening game for a while, and my other group is currently between campaigns.

We've also been playing a lot of the Pathfinder Card game, and Eldritch Horror.

ChaiGuy
Inactive Member

I'm playing in two Pathfinder campaigns, one meets once a month and the other meets the other 3 times a month.  The once per month game is a homebrew until the Iron Gods AP becomes available after Gencon.  The other is a homebrew.

As for video games the last game series to really get me involved have been Disgaea and the Persona series.  I picked up the Final Fantasy X/X2 remaster but haven't played it too much, maybe 4 or 5 hours.

Fruben
Inactive Member

On the table top front front I am playing in the following campaigns:

• Eberron setting with a heavily house ruled Fate system (every month or so)
  • A Song of Fire and Ice (every two months or so)
  • Sengoku (once every blue moon)

I really need to give Dark Souls another try. The last one ended up with some hickups while trying to register to whatever MS service Steam wanted me to use in order to be able to save my games (which does not bode well for my longevity with the game).

Vayne Redcap
GrendelTodd
Inactive Member

As far as ESO goes I've been enjoying it. I've been a fan of the older non-mmo Elder Scrolls games, but not obsessively so, as they sometimes felt too open-ended for me, so actually having boarders to hedge me in and other people running around independent of me has been a plus. In general I like the options, and for good or bad the soloing content is excellent. The further in you get, the more the game seems to expand, which makes for a good learning curve as well. I'm looking forward to experimenting with the Werewolf & Vampire skill-trees once I can find them. Haven't touched pvp, but the campaign structured questing path for the pvp zone looks intriguing.

Wxcougar
Warden of Earth

Thanks for the response, GrendelTod. I really enjoyed playing Skyrim and Oblivion (played in that order as I came to video games a bit later). It was a hard decision to choose one MMO but we decided on PFO. We don't have the time to do more than one (not with the five tabletop games and being involved in the SCA).

Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Keepers of the Circle Forum Index -> Welcome & General Chat All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 1 of 5

Jump to: