Post new topic   Reply to topic    Keepers of the Circle Forum Index -> Welcome & General Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic   Goto page 1, 2  Next
NightmareSr
Warden

re: Brand new player Dolken

I just started playing 2 days ago and working through the tutorials.

Has anyone done the "Kill 20 goblin shamans" quest alone? It was rough and I died over and over just trying to get my stuff back from my own corpse haha.

Also I may have just been tired last night but seems like the rogue trainer has "cameleon 4" for me when I get the XP but not "cameleon 3" I just got "comeleon 2" last night. Do diferent trainers give different levels of feats?

BlackMoria
Sentinel

Kill 20 goblins shaman is rough for a new player, because they tend to not be alone and with other goblins.  Easiest way to clear that quest achievement is to have one of the Keepers veterans help you.  Would take less than a hour to do with help from a higher level character.

No.  The rogue trainer should offer all feats.  Check the tab you are on.  You should qualify for Chameleon 3 but the second tab on the trainer offers what you don't qualify for due to prerequisitions and you may have been on that tab.

NightmareSr
Warden

Thanks, I felt like I needed help on that one. The goblin shaman blinds me then I was stuck dying. Took awhile but was finally able to sneak in to my husk and loot it while I ran away haha.

The trainer tabs made sense but I thought it would show chameleon 3 in the unavailable cause I was low on xp and currently have chameleon 2 but I might have just read something wrong or over looked something.

Thanks for all the help, and I'll check in later when I get home and in game.

Wxcougar
Warden of Earth

Goblin shamans were a nightmare in the early days. But as Gilthorian/Black Moria said, any Keeper is happy to come lend a hand on the quest.  I think I'm still doing that tutorial quest with a newer character but honestly I can't remember where I am :).  Real Life has kept me out of game, but feel free to ask questions here, on Discord, or in game and everyone is pretty good about helping out.

My "expertise" in game is mainly rogue (Cutthroat/Scout style with shortbow and dagger), and some crafting. I also  have been deemed "Knower of Settlement and Company Buildings" - so if that sort of thing interests you I can certainly help out.

Thanks Wxcougar, Rogue seems interesting but also crafting. It might be too early to know for sure what interests me more, but I have been having tons of fun just wandering the wild and exploring (even if I haven't gone very far yet).

Getting too excited now wishing I could leave work early.

Hi Dolken - My main character is a Chameleon/Daredevil/Longbow Rogue and I can help with some of those kinds of questions. I have an Alt. character in Thorne Keep and can lend a hand with some of your tasks. If you need gear, we have placed some used gear in the Thorne Keep Vault for our new players to use, it is under the company tab. If you need something specific let me know and I/we can get it rounded up for you. If you have not set up Discord, please do. It will help a great deal and cause my fat fingers to make less mistakes.

NightmareSr
Warden

Thanks, Yarus. I am sure I will need some help with understanding lots of things but sort of just bounced around so far, though it was really just Saturday and Sunday so not too far yet.

I have discord and have used it a ton in the past for other games.

After last night I know the hard truths about being encumbered. Oh also that coal and iron weigh a ton.

Got a bit over zealous and loaded up enough that my full run was the speed of normal walking and stealth walk was about 1 step per minute or it felt that slow. Then had to squeeze between two orgre camps on the way back into KP haha. At least I made it.

It is a very hard lesson. Also, be careful when buying things at the Auction House as those items go into your inventory and you can become encumbered quickly if buying something like coal. :)

Yes, I think it was Yarus last night that said to "Bid" for the items at the exact sell price cause winning bids go to Personal vault.

Haven't tried it yet but that is the plan.

Also if there are any ballpark amounts I should sell items (Raw mostly) then please let me know, most things default to 1s 20c max and 80c low. I just did a random guess for most but if I should sell for a certain range on some things then let me know or if I put something to high I can cancel and re-list it for sale.

I have been enjoying exploring and gathering and now have a good amount of currency. Also i could just dump some things in the company vault if there is a need. ;)

Price Guide

This is likely out of date but can at least get you some idea of what things were going for. It's calculated using formulas based on the raw item costs for both refined and crafted goods.  Raw is also listed for both external and internal.

Thank you that will be very helpful.

re: Hello all. I'm also brand new to the game.

Hello all.  I'm also brand new to the game.

Hi Hoofya. For other's we work together. (side by side desks actually)

Welcome Hoofya .

Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Keepers of the Circle Forum Index -> Welcome & General Chat All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: